Thursday, April 5, 2007

Inspired

for any of you out there who are actually reading this, i thought i should tell you about what inspired me to pour my heart out for all of cyber space to see.

it started last Sunday, when i was lugging my overflowing heap of dirty clothes down the block to the laundry mat. it was a sunny fifty five degrees out and after loading the clothes into the washing machine, i wanted nothing more than to enjoy the day parked on the bench right on the corner and read a good book. only i did not think of the obvious. I've read absolutely every single book in my whole apartment, and the only day of the library is closed is Sunday. so doing some quick mental math id decided that i had enough money in my account to run to the used book store to find a companion for the afternoon. i was in such a hurry that id forgotten to first look on the table set up with sale books right outside the door. this is usually the first place i stop on my way in, but today was a different kind of day. looking around the tiny store, i didn't find much that appealed to me. id grabbed a few books that suggested steamy romance or long lasting friendship, but nothing too exciting. walking up to the cash register, i suddenly remembered my beloved table all alone on the sidewalk. i shoved the books on the nearest shelf and rushed to see what was waiting to be read. immediately i saw the title "BreakupBabe" written in bright red letters with the face of s very determined girl. i grabbed the book and without reading the back i knew that i would read that one first.

sometimes i just get this feeling about something...like a gut instinct giving me knowledge i didn't have a second ago. it can be about big things, or small benign stupid things, but it happens occasionally. it weirds me out to think about it. but this was one of those times.

settling down on the bench outside of the laundry mat i opened the book and began to read. i pretty much stayed like that in all my spare time until about an hour ago when i finished it. its about a girl who blogs in order to keep her sanity through a series of sucky events. and to my wonder its a TRUE story! and she STILL blogs! you all should run your little butts right over to her site http://breakupbabe.blogspot.com/ and catch up on what you have been missing out on! or buy the book!

but that my friends is what inspired me to start this very blog. i, too would love to some day write a book that inspires, that provokes thought in one's mind. so until that day comes, i sit here and let my fingers run wildly over the keyboard for a Cyb audience. one that i don't even know exists. so to all of you readers who are probably figments of my imagination, i must sleep. for i have conformed to the 9-5 madness that is the work week.
-city girl

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad I could inspire you!

xo
BB